Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't find my new RBS850

breiz41
Aspirant

Can't find my new RBS850

Hi all, a few year ago I got a RBK853 system: one RBR850 and 2 RBS850. By default they are configured on the same wifi network (ORBI68).
I did the basic configuration and it works fine.

Now I have a new RBS850, by default configured with another wifi (ORBI31).

I tried the usual procedure "Add a new Satellite" with the app. The RBS is not visible.

I reset the satellite, same issue. They are a few meters far.

Do they need to be on the same default network? I guess no?

I can't figure out what to do next.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
breiz41
Aspirant

Re: Can't find my new RBS850

I have connected my new RBS to the router using a cable. The new satellite was seen as a connected device. Using the web console on the satellite, I checked the fw version : v3.2.16.22_1.4.9

My router fw version is V7.2.6.31_5.0.24

I updated the satellite to V7.2.6.31_5.0.24 and boom the new satellite is seen as a satellite!

Somehow the satellite fw version was too old for automatic synch.

Hope this help

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
breiz41
Aspirant

I turned off the existing satellites (as suggested in another post), same issue.

I have the "Setup failed" message in the web console when adding the new satellite. The LED is off on the satellite.Capture.PNG

Message 2 of 4
breiz41
Aspirant

I have connected my new RBS to the router using a cable. The new satellite was seen as a connected device. Using the web console on the satellite, I checked the fw version : v3.2.16.22_1.4.9

My router fw version is V7.2.6.31_5.0.24

I updated the satellite to V7.2.6.31_5.0.24 and boom the new satellite is seen as a satellite!

Somehow the satellite fw version was too old for automatic synch.

Hope this help

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure that for any FW updates, update the RBS first, then RBR lastly. 

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7